Nature-inspired art pieces highlight barn show | Arts & Culture
A variety of work, much of it inspired in some way by nature, will be on display at a show this weekend just south of Fitchburg and West of Oregon at The Wood Cycle barns.
Arts in the Barns creator Paul Morrison said the idea came from art fairs his family held when he was a kid sharing art in the outdoors.
“I was from a family of a number of artists … and as a family [we] had an art fair on one of the family’s farms,” Morrison said. “This is just an opportunity to kind of expand that into this area using a number of different artists … from here in the area.”
The art show will cover a variety of media including glass work, ceramics, photography, furniture, jewelers, wood turning, paintings,
Organizers said all of the artists are from Southern Wisconsin.
Visitors will get to check out a recycled barn, artwork by regional artists and enjoy some live music at a farmstead in Oregon.
The farmstead where the show is taking place is itself a restored piece, Morrison said.
"The farm itself was in very rough shape when we bought it," Morrison said. "I'm a seventh-generation Wisconsin farm boy so I wanted to keep that [farm] character to it. We restored a lot of the buildings, the old farmhouse is still part of the site, a couple of the barns."
The main barn was even moved from the village to the farm, Morrison added.
-IF YOU GO-
- WHAT: Arts in the Barns art fair
- WHERE: The Wood Cycle, 1239 S. Fish Hatchery Road
- WHEN: Saturday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- COST: Free
- MORE INFO: http://www.site.artinthebarnwi.org
Upcoming Events near Oregon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits