Dump truck causes 45-minute power outage | Business
Hundreds of Oregon residents were without power briefly Thursday afternoon, a utility service provider said.
According to Alliant Energy, more than 500 customers experienced an outage from 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. due to a power line problem.
Steve Schultz, a spokesperson with Alliant Energy, said the load-carrying part of the truck -- the dump body -- got caught in some lines.
Schultz said the fix for an incident like this is standard for the utility company.
“We’re able to back feed [power] so that the customers [in an outage] are fed off another circuit while we repair the circuit that was impacted,” Schultz said.
Upcoming Events near Oregon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits