Oregon coffeehouse picked as local favorite | Business
A coffee shop in downtown Oregon earned the top spot as a local favorite in a News 3 viewer poll. Firefly Coffeehouse was revealed as the winner Friday morning.
Owner Erika Weidler said to be chosen by News 3 viewers was exciting.
"It was surprising," Weidler said. "The community is amazing here. We have a lot of support from everybody."
The 10-year-old business expanded to the spacious location at 114 N. Main St. about three years ago, where it calls itself "Oregon's living room" and is furnished with plenty of chairs and sofas for visitors.
"Enough for everybody in town, pretty much," Weidler said.
The shop sells coffee, espresso, tea and baked goods and offers a breakfast and lunch menu with sandwiches, salads and more.
Weidler said she wasn't always a barista. She was working in an office when she made a list of things she liked and was trying to figure out how to make a living out of it.
"And I did," Weidler said. "We have such a great team here, we're always helping each other out and our customers are awesome. So it's really great every morning to just see everybody in town."
News 3 viewers voted on Facebook for their favorite coffee shops. The four other area businesses that topped the list after Firefly included:
- 2. Coffee Bean Connection, 701 Oak St., Baraboo
- 3. McFarland House Cafe, 5923 Exchange St., McFarland
- 4. Lucy's Loon Lake Coffee & Deli, 1711 Lodge Drive, Janesville
- 5. Beans 'n Cream Coffeehouse, 345 Cannery Square, Sun Prairie
Watch News 3's Mary Jo Ola attempt to make a latte at Firefly:
Upcoming Events near Oregon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits
- Goodwill to open store in Prairie Square shopping center