Oregon farmer to celebrate alpacas | Events
The city of Oregon will be home to everything alpaca for the third time this year. The Alpacafest will be held at the Sauk Creek Alpaca Farm Sunday from 1-5 p.m.
"The animals are just really neat, unique creatures," farm owner Lynne Johnson said. "People come back each year to see the animals."
The farm, at 746 Heather Lane, will have about 20 alpacas available for visitors to feed carrots, pet and interact with, Johnson said.
The festival will feature yarn, spun fleece, felted soaps and other alpaca products. Attendees will also be able to watch fiber artists spin fleece into yarn as well as learn about farm designs, medical care and economic benefits of owning alpacas.
Alpacafest is free and open to neighbors of all ages.
Upcoming Events near Oregon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits