Driver who died in Hwy 14 crash ID'd | News
Authorities have identified the 27-year-old man who died in a crash east of Brooklyn Tuesday morning.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded to a report of an accident on Highway 14 just north of Highway 92 in the town of Rutland at about 10:45 a.m.
A conversion van headed north on Highway 14 crossed the centerline and hit a semi-truck head-on, according to the report. The man driving the van, Jordan C. Boullion of Madison, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Dane County medical examiner.
Phillip Parker, 33, of Baraboo, was driving the semi and sustained minor injuries, the sheriff's office said. Parker was taken to UW Hospital.
Elise Schaffer, sheriff's office spokeswoman, said investigators are not sure if weather was a factor in the accident. A thick, heavy fog covered portions of southern Wisconsin Tuesday, including much of Dane County.
Highway 14 was closed from West Rutland Road to West Holt Road. Traffic was diverted around the intersection.
Upcoming Events near Oregon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits