Oregon wins D2 State Title | Parents & Kids
Oregon beat Marshfield Friday in the D2 semifinals 4-1. In that game, the Panthers scored three unanswered goals in the first half, and cruised to victory.
Saturday's D2 final couldn't have been more different. Cedarburg and Oregon both stopped each other from scoring through the first 80 minutes, then again for two 10 minute overtimes. 100 minutes went by without a goal before the game was decided with penalty kicks.
Oregon seized momentum when Cedarburg's Josh Boris missed the first kick for the Bulldogs. From there, the Panthers were perfect in their four PK attempts. With Cedarburg needing to connect on their final attempt to have a chance at victory, Oregon senior goal keeper Jere Bauer came up with a big save to clinch the win for the Panthers.
Upcoming Events near Oregon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- DOJ: Man who supplied teen with heroin gets 10 years prison
- Planning committee votes to support Ashley Field, awaits board input
- Organization to hold school board candidate forum
- Police: Failing to stop for school buses to result in fines, demerits